Board Meeting Agendas
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider a revision of the not-to-exceed aggregate principal amount established at the January 19, 2016 board meeting to $50,000,000 due to changes in the plan of finance, and approve by resolution the following: (a) the issuance, sale and delivery of State of Texas, General Obligation Water Financial Assistance Bonds, Series 2016A (Economically Distressed Areas Program) in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $50,000,000; (b) a Preliminary Official Statement; and (c) authorization for the Executive Administrator and Development Fund Manager to act on behalf of the Texas Water Development Board in the sale and delivery of such bonds. (Cindy Demers)
3. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Town of Vinton (El Paso County) for financial assistance in the amount of $2,709,070 consisting of a $825,000 loan and $1,884,070 in loan forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund to finance the planning, acquisition, and design of a new centralized wastewater collection system. (Lee Huntoon) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Stamford (Jones and Haskell Counties) for financial assistance in the amount of $19,765,708, consisting of a $9,530,000 loan and $10,235,708 in loan forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance the planning, acquisition, design, and construction phases for water system improvements. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Beeville (Bee County) for a $3,300,000 loan from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance water system improvements. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving by resolution a request from Dario V. Guerra, III, doing business as Derby, Ing., (Frio County) for $140,000 in loan forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance construction costs associated with upgrades to the existing water system; and approval of a waiver related to the entity’s Water Audit, requiring the entity to complete and file a Water Audit prior to release of construction funds. (Clay Schultz) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute a Fiscal Year 2016 contract and renewal option for Fiscal Year 2017 for groundwater quality analysis services in an amount not to exceed $196,000 for each fiscal year, comprised of $100,000 from General Revenue and $96,000 from the Research and Planning Fund; and transfer $96,000 from the Water Assistance Fund to the Research and Planning Fund. (Janie Hopkins) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider approving by resolution material changes to contracts for goods and services awarded under Chapter 2155 of the Texas Government Code executed during the first quarter of fiscal year 2016. (David Carter) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Consider authorizing publication of the Draft 2017 State Water Plan for public comment and posting notice of public hearing, public comment period, and intent to adopt the 2017 State Water Plan. (Matt Nelson) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. The Board will receive comments from the public.
11. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, and/or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.103 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be March 21, 2016. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, “property” means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 8:45 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.