Board Meeting Agendas
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to develop, implement and execute necessary contracts in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding with the Office of the Governor for a stream-gage and notification network and to provide additional technical assistance and outreach for floodplain management and planning. (Robert Mace and Richard Wade) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider approving by resolution a request from Lee County Fresh Water Supply District No. 1 (Lee County) for financial assistance in the amount of $725,000, consisting of a $635,000 loan and $90,000 in loan forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance the construction of new storage tanks and a pump station. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Strawn (Palo Pinto, Eastland and Erath Counties) for financial assistance in the amount of $2,345,000, consisting of a $1,645,000 loan and $700,000 in loan forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance the planning, design, acquisition and construction of new wells and transmission lines; and a waiver of the requirement for consistency with the Regional and State Water Plans. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Upper Trinity Regional Water District (Fannin, Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Grayson, and Wise Counties) for a $46,000,000 loan from the Texas Water Development Fund to finance the planning, design, and construction of an expansion to the Riverbend Wastewater Reclamation Plant. (Luis Farias) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Sequoia Improvement District (Harris County) for financial assistance in the amount of $2,057,442, consisting of a $1,380,000 loan and $677,442 in loan forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund, to finance the planning, design and construction of sanitary sewer improvements in the District. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider affirming by resolution the commitments to provide financial assistance from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund to the Angelina and Neches River Authority made in TWDB Resolution Nos. 14-03 and 15-003, and concurring in the Executive Administrator’s environmental findings. (Jean Devlin) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Briefing and discussion on the bond sale results for Texas Water Development Board State of Texas General Obligation Bonds, Water Financial Assistance Bonds, Series 2015D, $234,795,000. (Cindy Demers) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator and the Development Fund Manager to take all necessary actions for the issuance, sale and delivery of State of Texas Water Financial Assistance Bonds (Economically Distressed Areas Program and Development Fund II Program), in one or more series in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $150,000,000; and approving the selection of the co-managing underwriter(s) for the negotiation of the bond issue. (Cindy Demers) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Consider approving the Texas Water Development Board’s Investment Policy and Strategies. (Cindy Demers) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Consider determining the minimum flow rates for inclusion in the study of the hydrology and geology of the confined and unconfined aquifers of Texas as required by House Bill 1232 from the 84th Legislative Session. (Larry French) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. Consider authorizing publication of proposed amendments to 31 Texas Administrative Code Sections 356.10, 356.21, 356.22, 356.34, 356.35, 356.41, 356.42, 356.43, 356.44, 356.45, 356.46, and 356.53, relating to Groundwater Management. (Larry French) Board Agenda #12 Document
13. Consider authorizing publication of proposed amendments to 31 Texas Administrative Code Section 358.6, relating to Water Loss Audits. (John Sutton) Board Agenda #13 Document
14. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to publish a request for qualifications to fund a contract to determine the most effective and accurate process to measure water conservation statewide. (John Sutton) Board Agenda #14 Document
15. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to award, negotiate, and execute contracts in a total amount not to exceed $1,000,000 for alternative water supply demonstration projects. (Matt Webb) Board Agenda #15 Document
16. Briefing and discussion on drought conditions in the state of Texas. (Mark Wentzel) Board Agenda #16 Document
17. The Board will receive comments from the public.
18. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, and/or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.103 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be February 2, 2016. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, “property” means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 8:45 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.