Texas Water Development Board today approved financial assistance totaling $40,095,000 for water and wastewater system projects
For immediate release. Contact: Sarah Haney at 512-463-5129
AUSTIN – (October 30, 2018) – The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) today approved financial assistance totaling $40,095,000 for water and wastewater system projects. Of this funding, $5,610,000 was approved for rural projects.
- $2,550,000 to the City of Blanco (Blanco County) for a new wastewater treatment plant
- $1 million to the City of Goliad (Goliad County) for water system improvements
- $1,480,000 to the Jasper County Water Control and Improvement District No. 1 (Jasper County) for wastewater system improvements
- $31,935,000 to the City of Terrell (Kaufman County) for water and wastewater system improvements
- $3,130,000 to the City of Hillsboro (Hill County) for water system improvements
The TWDB is the state agency charged with collecting and disseminating water-related data, assisting with regional planning, and preparing the state water plan for the development of the state’s water resources. The TWDB administers cost-effective financial assistance programs for the construction of water supply, wastewater treatment, flood control, and agricultural water conservation projects.