An Assessment of Osmotic Mechanisms Pairing Desalination Concentrate and Wastewater Treatment
CH2M Hill will conduct a 12-month study to investigate the use of reverse osmosis concentrate as a draw solution to recover wastewater using forward osmosis technology.
- TWDB Contract Manager:
- Saqib Shirazi, P.E.
- Funding Recipient:
- CH2M Hill Companies Ltd.
- Project Administrator:
- Robert Huehmer, P.E., CH2M Hill
- CH2M Hill Companies Ltd. (Chantilly, Virginia), Colorado School of Mines(Golden, Colorado), Hydration Technologies, Inc.,
- Project Start Date:
- November 1, 2008
- Project Completion Date:
- March 31, 2011
- Total Project Cost:
- TWDB Share of Project Cost:
- The study will develop a framework to provide guidance to the industry in selecting the forward osmosis process aa a component in an integrated system for simultaneous treatment of impaired water and brine from desalinated processes.
Texas Water Development Board
Dr. Saqib Shirazi, P.E. - Contract Manager
1700 N. Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78711
9191 South Jamaica Street
Englewood, CO 80112
Robert Huehmer, P.E.
15010 Conference Center Drive, Suite 200
Chantilly, VA 22205
Colorado School of Mines
Dr. Tzahi Cath, Assistant Professor
Division of Environmental Science and Engineering
Golden, CO 80401-1887
Hydration Technology Innovations
2484 Ferry Street SW
Albany, OR 97322-7801
|Announcement of Request for Proposals in Texas Register||March 7, 2008|
|Proposal received by TWDB||April 23, 2008|
|TWDB Board approval to negotiate contracts||June 23, 2008|
|Contract execution date||October 22, 2008|
|Final report deadline||June 2010|
- Assessment of Osmotic Mechanisms Pairing Desalination Concentrate and Wastewater Treatment, October 2011 (3.2 MB)