Board Meeting Agendas
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider approving the 2016 Texas Rain Catcher Awards. (Mindy Conyers) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider appointing a member to the Water Conservation Advisory Council. (Mindy Conyers) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Arlington (Tarrant County) to amend Texas Water Development Board Resolution 17-001, to reflect a change to condition No. 39 relating to the City's additional bonds test. (Luis Farias) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Fort Worth (Tarrant, Denton, Johnson, Parker and Wise counties) to amend Texas Water Development Board Resolution 17-004, to reflect a change to condition No. 37 relating to the required reserve fund. (Luis Farias) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving by resolution, a request from the City of Winters (Runnels County) for $822,054 in financial assistance consisting of a $580,000 loan and $242,054 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance the construction of water system improvements. (Jesse Milonovich) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Toyah (Reeves County) for $200,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance the planning, design, and construction of water system improvements and a request for a waiver from the requirement to include funds to mitigate water loss as part of the project. (Lee Huntoon) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider approving by resolution a request from Acton Municipal Utility District (Hood County) for $644,500 in financial assistance consisting of a $550,000 loan and $94,500 in principal forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund to finance planning and design of wastewater treatment plant improvements. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Consider approving the 2017 State Water Implementation Fund for Texas prioritization list, the amount of funds available by category, the terms of subsidy, and authorizing the Executive Administrator to proceed with the invitation of applications for financial assistance. (Matt Nelson) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Consider approving the designation of a firm to serve as disclosure counsel to the Texas Water Development Board for any services needed relating to municipal bond disclosure. (David Duran) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Briefing and discussion on water conditions in the state of Texas. (Mark Wentzel) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. The Board will receive comments from the public.
13. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, and/or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be April 6, 2017. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 9:00 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.