Board Meeting Agendas
Visitors who wish to address the Board should complete a visitor registration card and either attend the meeting in person or arrange to address the Board via videoconference. The Texas Open Meetings Act prohibits visitor participation by telephone only. The visitor registration card is available and should be completed and submitted by e-mail to Customer Service no later than 8:00 a.m. on February 8, 2024, or in person at the registration desk.
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Briefing and discussion on material changes to contracts for goods and services executed during the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2024, and the contract and performance report for the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2024. (Cameron Turner) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider authorizing the publication of an adoption of a review of rules in 31 Texas Administrative Code Chapter 359. (Kendal Kowal) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider authorizing the publication of an adoption of a review of rules in 31 Texas Administrative Code Chapter 364. (Michael Perez) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider authorizing the publication of a notice of intent to review rules in 31 Texas Administrative Code Chapter 365. (Michael Perez) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider authorizing publication of proposed amendment to 31 Texas Administrative Code Chapter 357 relating to regional water planning. (Sarah Lee) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider authorizing publication of proposed amendment to 31 Texas Administrative Code Chapter 359 relating to the Texas Water Bank and Texas Water Trust. (Sarah Lee) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider amending by resolution previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 21-014 to extend Town of Pecos City’s Clean Water State Revolving Fund funding commitment to June 30, 2024, and for an additional time if approved by the Executive Administrator. (Jesse Milonovich) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Briefing and solicitation of comments regarding the implementation of the Texas Water Fund. (Kathleen Ligon)
10. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
11. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board’s funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be March 5, 2024. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) workdays prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.