Board Meeting Agendas
1.Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Gatesville (Coryell County) for $10,000,000 in financing from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of a wastewater system improvements project. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Dublin (Erath County) for $2,900,000 in financing from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of a wastewater collection system improvements project. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Laguna Madre Water District (Cameron County) for $5,425,000 in financing from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design and construction of wastewater system improvements. (Mireya Loewe Board Agenda #04 Document)
5. Consider approving the Economically Distressed Areas Program Prioritization and Method of Allocating Available Funds. (Tom Entsminger) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving by resolution delegation to the Executive Administrator and the Development Fund and Debt Portfolio Manager the authority to utilize prepayments and other lawfully available funds to pay, redeem, and defease General Obligation Bonds. (Georgia Sanchez) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Briefing and discussion on the Fiscal Year 2018 Prepayment and Bond Redemption Report. (Georgia Sanchez) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider approving by resolution the establishment of the lending rate scales for the State Water Implementation Revenue Fund for Texas (SWIRFT) financing structures to be effective September 20, 2018. (Georgia Sanchez)
9. Consider approving a resolution regarding the Executive Administrator’s authority to execute certain contracts and purchases on behalf of the Board. (Kaye Schultz) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Consider approving by resolution the separation of policy-making responsibilities of the Board and the management responsibilities of the Executive Administrator and staff. (Kendal Kowal) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute the State Fiscal Year 2019 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Set-Aside Contract between the Texas Water Development Board and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. (Mark Wyatt) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. Consider approving the Hydrographic Survey Program’s rate schedule. (Nathan Leber) Board Agenda #12 Document
13. Briefing and discussion on water conditions in the state of Texas. (Dr. Mark Wentzel)
14. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
15. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be October 3, 2018. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 9:00 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.