Lake Arlington (Trinity River Basin)
Lake Arlington is located just north of Interstate 20 off Arkansas Lane in the City of Arlington in Tarrant County on Village Creek, a tributary of the West Fork Trinity River. Lake Arlington is owned and operated by the City of Arlington for municipal and industrial water supply and recreational purposes. Construction of the reservoir started on May 15, 1956 and completed on March 31, 1957 by a zoned earth fill dam with an impervious clay core. The primary embankment is 6,482 feet long and 83 feet in height. The top of the dam is at elevation of 577.5 feet above mean sea level, with an emergence spillway at its crest elevation of 559.7 feet above mean sea level. Deliberate impoundment of water began on July 19, 1957. At the conservation pool elevation of 550 feet above mean sea level, the lake has a surface area of 1,926 acres and a storage capacity of 40,188 acre-feet. The dam controls a drainage watershed area of approximately 143 square miles.