Texas Water Development Board today approved financial assistance totaling $525,112,100 for water and wastewater system projects
For immediate release. Contact: Kimberly Leggett at 512-463-5129
AUSTIN – (February 15, 2018) – The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) today approved financial assistance totaling $525,112,100 for water and wastewater system projects.
- $499,860,000 to the North Texas Municipal Water District for the construction of the Lower Bois d’Arc Creek Reservoir
- $5,456,300 to the City of Arlington (Tarrant County) for wastewater system improvements
- $1,595,800 to the City of Hurst (Tarrant County) for wastewater system improvements
- $200,000 to the Morton Valley Water Supply Corporation (Eastland County) for water system improvements
- $18 million to the City of Del Rio (Val Verde County) for water and wastewater system improvements
The TWDB is the state agency charged with collecting and disseminating water-related data, assisting with regional planning, and preparing the state water plan for the development of the state’s water resources. The TWDB administers cost-effective financial assistance programs for the construction of water supply, wastewater treatment, flood control, and agricultural water conservation projects.