The Texas Water Development Board today approved financial assistance totaling $81,216,700. Of this funding, $1,975,000 was designated for rural water projects.
For immediate release. Contact: Kimberly Leggett at 512-463-5129
AUSTIN – (February 18, 2016) – The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) today approved financial assistance totaling $81,216,700 for water and wastewater system improvements, a water supply project, and a reuse project. Of this funding, $1,975,000 was designated for rural water projects.
- $2,439,700 to the City of Arlington (Tarrant County) for wastewater system improvements
- $1,250,000 to the City of Tioga (Grayson County) for a water supply project
- $65,750,000 to the City of Houston (Harris County) for wastewater system improvements
- $11,052,000 to the North Fort Bend Regional Water Authority (Fort Bend County) for a reuse project
- $725,000 to the Lee County Fresh Water Supply District No. 1 (Lee County) for water system improvements
The TWDB is the state agency charged with collecting and disseminating water-related data, assisting with regional planning and preparing the state water plan for the development of the state’s water resources. The TWDB administers cost-effective financial assistance programs for the construction of water supply, wastewater treatment, flood control, and agricultural water conservation projects.