The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) today approved financial assistance totaling $12,402,386. Of this funding, $10,791,704 was designated for rural water projects
For immediate release. Contact: Kimberly Leggett at 512-463-5129
AUSTIN – (April 17, 2014) – The Texas Water Development Board approved financial assistance for much needed water and wastewater projects across the state, as well as an alternative water supply project. The projects funded by TWDB will allow these communities to finance water system improvements and provide first-time water and wastewater services. The financing for rural water projects will allow for a treatment plant expansion project and the development of alternative water supplies.
- $1,041,936 in financial assistance to the Town of Anthony (El Paso County) to finance water system improvements
- $296,700 in financial assistance to the City of Ballinger (Runnels County) to finance a wastewater treatment plant expansion project
- $10,495,004 in financial assistance to the City of Ballinger (Runnels county) to finance alternative water supplies
- $330,730 in financial assistance to El Paso Water Utilities (El Paso County) to finance first-time water and wastewater services
- $38,016 in financial assistance to El Paso Water Utilities (El Paso County) to finance first-time wastewater services
- $200,000 in financial assistance to Vista Verde Water Systems, Inc. (Montgomery County) to finance water system upgrades
The TWDB is the state agency charged with collecting and disseminating water-related data, assisting with regional planning and preparing the state water plan for the development of the state’s water resources. The TWDB administers cost-effective financial assistance programs for the construction of water supply, wastewater treatment, flood control, and agricultural water conservation projects.