The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) today approved financial assistance totaling $9,828,916 with $92,800 dedicated to rural water projects
For immediate release. Contact: Kimberly Leggett at 512-463-5129
AUSTIN – (February 20, 2014) – The Texas Water Development Board approved financial assistance for much needed water and wastewater projects across the state. The communities receiving assistance range from small to mid-sized towns. The projects funded by TWDB will allow these communities to address drought-related water shortages, upgrade aging infrastructure, and reduce water loss.
- $3,565,000 loan to the Aqua Special Utility District (Hidalgo County) to finance wastewater system improvements
- $270,000 loan to the City of San Juan (Hidalgo County) to finance wastewater system improvements
- $5,361,916 loan to the Airline Improvement District (Harris County) to finance wastewater system improvements
- $92,000 loan to the City of Moulton (Lavaca County) to finance water system improvements
- $540,000 loan to the Skyline Ranch Estates Water Supply Corporation (Hays County) to finance water system improvements
The TWDB is the state agency charged with collecting and disseminating water-related data, assisting with regional planning and preparing the state water plan for the development of the state’s water resources. The TWDB administers cost-effective financial assistance programs for the construction of water supply, wastewater treatment, flood control, and agricultural water conservation projects.