News Release | Austin - July 18, 2013 The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) today approved financial assistance totaling $96,027,893 as follows:
For immediate release. Contact: Merry Klonower at 512-463-8165
- $1,930,000 loan to the City of Rio Grande City (Starr County) to finance wastewater system improvements;
- $4,300,000 loan to the San Antonio River Authority (Bexar, Wilson, Karnes, and Goliad Counties) to finance planning costs;
- $60,100,000 loan to the San Antonio Water System, acting on the behalf of the City of San Antonio (Bexar County) to finance wastewater system improvements;
- $3,035,893 loan to the City of Hico (Hamilton County) to finance water system improvements;
- $26,370,000 loan to the San Antonio Water System (Bexar County) to finance water system improvements;
- $340,000 loan to the Greater Texoma Utility Authority on behalf of the City of Ector (Fannin County) to finance water system improvements.
The TWDB is the state agency charged with collecting and disseminating water-related data, assisting with regional planning and preparing the State Water Plan for the development of the state's water resources. TWDB administers cost-effective financial programs for the construction of water supply, wastewater treatment, flood control, and agricultural water conservation projects.
For all press releases, visit Press Release Index