Board Meeting Agendas
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, and Development Fund Manager to take all necessary actions for the issuance, sale and delivery of State of Texas Water Financial Assistance Refunding Bonds and State of Texas Water Financial Assistance Bonds in one or more series; and approving the selection of financial advisor, bond counsel, disclosure counsel, senior managing underwriter, co-managing underwriters, and rating agencies for the negotiation of the bond issue. (Georgia Sanchez)
3. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Angelina County Fresh Water Supply District No. 1 (Angelina County) for $717,000 in financing from the Water Assistance Fund for costs associated with its acquisition of Angelina County Water Control and Improvement District No. 3. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider approving by resolution a request from Craft-Turney Water Supply Corporation (Cherokee County) for $1,625,000 in financing from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of water system improvements. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider re-authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute a contract with Galveston County under the Federal Emergency Management Agency Flood Mitigation Assistance Program. (Kathy Hopkins) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consideration of final allocation of funds from the Agricultural Water Conservation Fund for Fiscal Year 2018 agricultural water conservation grants in an amount not to exceed $600,000. (Cameron Turner) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider appointing a member to the Water Conservation Advisory Council. (Kevin Kluge) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute a grant agreement with the United States Geological Survey and multiple contracts in a total amount not to exceed $1,400,000.00, using the Strategic Mapping Program and their associated contracts at the Texas Department of Information Resources. (Richard Wade) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Briefing and discussion on water conditions in the state of Texas. (Mark Wentzel)
10. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code §2001.061.
11. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, and/or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
12. Consider a resolution on the retirement of Dr. Robert E. Mace, Deputy Executive Administrator, on 27 years of service to the State of Texas.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be December 7, 2017. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 9:00 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.