Board Meeting Agendas
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider approving an amendment to the Portfolio Sale and Servicing Agreement between the Texas Water Development Board and the Texas Water Resources Finance Authority. (Chris Hayden) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider requesting by resolution the payment of additional consideration from the Texas Water Resources Finance Authority for Fiscal Year 2017. (Chris Hayden) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Presentation of the Quarterly Investment Report for the period ending August 31, 2016. (Elaine Wilson) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Panhandle Groundwater Conservation District (Armstrong, Carson, Donley, Gray, Hutchinson, Potter, Roberts and Wheeler Counties) for a $1,000,000 loan from the Agriculture Water Conservation Loan Program to provide financing for an agriculture water conservation equipment loan program. (Lee Huntoon) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Alamo (Hidalgo County) for a $1,000,000 loan from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund to finance the planning and design of a new 2.5 million gallons per day wastewater treatment plant. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Briefing and discussion on the Water Conservation Advisory Council report to the 85th Legislature. (Robert Mace) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute contracts for research in support of the Groundwater Availability Modeling Program and transfer up to $1,440,000 from the Water Assistance Fund to the Research and Planning Fund. (Cindy Ridgeway) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Briefing and discussion on proposed funding allocations for the fifth cycle of regional water planning. (Temple McKinnon) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Briefing and discussion on recent updates to the internal risk scoring methodology used to evaluate applications for financial assistance. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. The Board will receive comments from the public.
12. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, and/or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
13. Consider authorizing the Office of Attorney General to file an amicus brief in connection with pending litigation styled as Ex Parte San Jacinto River Authority.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be November 17, 2016. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 8:45 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.