Board Meeting Agendas
- October 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM
- Stephen F. Austin Building, 1700 N. Congress, Room 170, Austin, Texas
- Printable Board Agenda
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Seymour (Baylor County) to amend TWDB Resolution No. 16-034, by extending the commitment period to finance water system improvements and amend the loan commitment amount to be fully tax-exempt through the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Weatherford (Parker County) to amend TWDB Resolution No. 16-056 to change the type of debt instrument and pledge for the approved commitment. (Luis Farias) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider adopting and authorizing publication of additions to, and repeal of rules within 31 Texas Administrative Code Chapter 354, related to Memoranda of Understanding and similar agreements between the Texas Water Development Board and various state agencies. (Kaye Schultz) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute contracts as approved and directed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency in a total amount not to exceed $54,214,266.72 for subgrants from Flood Mitigation Assistance upon notification of award. (Kathy Hopkins) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider designating brackish groundwater production zones in the Carrizo-Wilcox Aquifer between the Colorado River and the Rio Grande, the Gulf Coast Aquifer, the Rustler Aquifer, and the Blaine Aquifer. (Erika Mancha) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Briefing and discussion on water conditions in the state of Texas. (Mark Wentzel)
8. The Board will receive comments from the public.
9. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, and/or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be November 2, 2016. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, “property” means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 8:00 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 8:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.